Sunday 7 October 2012

SteamPunk Chess Robot

Initial ideas of what this could involve by simply splitting up the words...

Steam - "The vapor into which water is converted when heated, forming a white mist of minute water droplets in the air."

The way i need to use the steam in my project is to make it seem like steam is powering my robot. Steam power was an early form of energy in the evolution of machinery. Thinking about this, i need to give my robot a style that could relate. 




General perceptions of steam powered machinery consists of large cylinders, lots of cogs, wheels, and smoke coming out of the top.



The steam doesn't necessarily need to just relate to my robot but the environment too. I could have an old factory where the chess will be played. This will go along with the "punk" style too.

I've thought about really going over the top and attempt to make it look like the whole place has previously burnt down and is still smoking. This will give more atmosphere to the scene and make the viewer think why it could of happened, potentially relating to why the robot is playing chess and not humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment